Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Final Projects

For my final project I would love to make a video with different clips as well as interviews by students on their thoughts on legalizing marijuana and medical marijuana.  I'm not sure if this could get someone in trouble though.  I would like to focus on a couple topics as the legalization of marijuana is a huge subject with many different categories.  1.  Medical Marijuana and its benefits. 2. how much money our country could make from decriminalizing Marijuana through taxes and tariffs as well as the decrease in imprisonment due to marijuana (as I watched national geographic "exploring marijuana" they stated that 800,000 people were arrested for marijuana related charges many a simple possession charge, hurting the already over crowded prison system). 3. the "war on drugs" failure in the U.S. where we throw away billions of dollars to arrest contributing members of society who use medical marijuana for their health benefit.

1 comment:

Mattw said...

I think it is a crime to steal that much money from the taxpayers! I agree that it should be decriminalized. I'm not sure how I feel about legalization, but that is just my opinion. I think the ends just don't justify the means in the case of the war on drugs. 800,000 people! For what?! That's outrageous. I did have a question about that podcast... are the receptors in the brain really called that?